Villa Complex in Adele, Rethymnon
Villa Complex in Adele, Rethymnon || Sleeps: 2-4 || Bedrooms: 2 || Bathrooms: 2 ||
This villa complex consists of 12 newly built 2 bedroom maisonette style villas that sleep 2 adults & 2 children. They are quietly located in an olive grove of 12 acres with a beautiful verdant surrounding area. Furniture is simple and comfortable, and the use of chic fabrics exudes a wonderful overall feeling of luxury. Moreso, the villas have a warm, homely feeling to them which can be credited to the continuous efforts of the owners, Manolis and Katerina, who work very hard to ensure the comfort of their guests.
Only 800 metres from the sea, these villas are located in the village of Adele only 10 minutes drive from Rethymnon, the capital town of the region. Rethymnon is the third largest town in Crete and combines the rarely united features of old town charm and history together with the proximity to a long, sandy beach. It preserves much of its Venetian and Turkish appearance and has a provincial rather than a city feeling to it. The Venetian harbour is very atmospheric, especially for evening dining or even a just day time coffee stop. Behind the harbour and the fortress are many small, narrow streets with shops, bars and places to eat. The fortress dominates the city and with its pedestrian streets below strewn with charming old buildings it makes some very photogenic sights. Venetian influence abounds and the minarets and domed mosques are a reminder of the Turkish influence long gone. However, many of the cafes have an ultra modern design, and old and new combine to make a buzzing town.
The area is also a very good starting point for further exploration as it stands midway between both Chania and Heraklion, the present and former capitals of Crete. There are gorges to be walked, ancient sites to be visited, time trodden villages to be discovered, and beautiful sandy beaches to be lazed upon. Western Crete has it all and all you have to do is choose.
Car hire is essential for this property.
About the Property...
There are 12 maisonette style villas spread over 6 buildings and each villa has 2 floors and measures 80 sq mts. Each villa also has a large veranda which leads to its own garden and pool (3.5mts x 5.5mts). From upper floors and almost all of the ground floors there are magnificent views of the sea and Mount Psiloritis.
The reception/lounge and upper floor breakfast room area is housed in a separate building. Carme is open all year round and in winter time breakfast is served in the villas as both the restaurant and breakfast room are closed. The villas are offered on a villa only or breakfast included basis. The choice is yours, but keep in mind that Katerina prepares a delicious breakfast using fresh ingredients and includes a lot of her home made specialties.
- Open Plan Kitchen & Dining area: coffee maker; kettle; toaster; electric oven & ceramic hob; microwave oven; fridge freezer; air conditioning; dining table & chairs
- Lounge: fireplace; modern furniture; flat SAT TV; DVD player; Hi-Fi System; Wi-Fi connection; air conditioning/heating; iron and ironing board; sofa which converts to a double bed (2mts x 1.90mts)
- Bathroom: shower; W.C.; wash basin; hair dryer
- Bedroom 1: double bed; flat SAT TV; wardrobe; bedside cabinets with lamps; telephone; air conditioning/heating; balcony with table & chairs; chaise lounge. A connecting door separates the bedrooms.
- Bedroom 2: 1 single bed; lamp; and air conditioning; wardrobe
- Bathroom: shower & bath; W.C.; wash basin
- Table & chairs; private pool; parking; garden; terrace; sun beds
- Maid service daily
- Towels changed daily
- Linen changed twice a week
- Pool cleaned every day
- Children’s Facilities
- High chair
- Baby cot
- Bicycle (subject to availability and free of charge)
Restaurant & Bars
- Lounge Bar: in the reception area
- Breakfast Room*: on the upper floor of the reception area
- Dictamus Tavern and Bar*: set in the gardens and open in the evenings
- Lunch can be ordered on request with room service*
- Beach: 2kms (Adelianos Kampos)
- Village: 2kms (Adelianos Kampos)
- Shops/Supermarkets: 2kms (Adelianos Kampos)
- Bank & ATM: 2kms (Adelianos Kampos)
- Tavernas/Cafe: 2kms (Adelianos Kampos)
- Chania airport: 77kms
- Heraklion Airport: 77kms
- Rethymnon: 9kms